Genesis GCD18BK 18v Cordless Drill/Driver Kit Review
If you are looking to buy a drill but not spend large bucks on big brand names, then the Genesis GCD18BK is the one for you. It is definitely not the best cordless drill available in the market but it is definitely the best drill in its price range even though not many have heard the name of its brand before. If you are expectations regarding this product is lowered by its cheap price and unheard brand name, this Genesis GCD18BK 18v Cordless Drill/Driver Kit Review will prove you wrong. Quality of a product can never be determined by its price tag. Often low priced products deliver quality comparable to high priced products and this drill is definitely one of them.
What the package contains?
Genesis GCD18BK is an 18v drill with 3/4 inches chuck. The drill has a variable rotational speed from 0 to a max 550 rpm. It has in-built LED lights and comes with an electric brake. The package includes a Ni-Cad battery and a charger for it, a magnetic tray for keeping the screws as well as a storage case.
Why you should buy it?
This product has been in the top of amazing rankings for best selling drills for nearly a couple of years now. The cordless drill reviews from customers have been very positive. Hence, it goes without saying that if you are not looking for a drill for professional use, this is the best cordless drill at such a low price range. It provides a great number of features and benefits. Its rubberized grip and non slip pistol grip along with 16 position clutch makes handling easy. The in-built LED lights and the magnetic tray for screws and bits provide great utility too. Some of its best features are:
- It has a very good battery life that enables users to operate for long hours. It is powered by 18 volt nickel-cadmium battery with a 1.1 ampere rating. It can be connected to only 110 volt power supply and not 220 volt. The package provides only one battery. Extra batteries can be brought in case of long duration operations.
- It has good durability. Customers have been surprised by the durability of the product considering its low price range. Some reviews even suggest that its durability can be compared with best cordless drills of high price range.
- It provides great utility for beginners with the beginner’s kit that comes with it. It includes storage case, magnetic tray. The LED lighting is very helpful as well as it indicates the amount of charge left on the battery.
- It is good in drilling holes and sinking screws with ease. Users who have used this product for household or amateur uses have reported that this has been can drill sink and holes screws with relative ease.
- The price tag. It is certainly the most attractive feature of this product. If there is a drill that provides value for money, this is it.
Why not recommended for professional use
It is not surprising that it is not recommended for professional use. This is mainly because professionals require drills that provide great power and features that are not provided by this low price end product. Professional drills cost ten times this product and hence it will be foolish to expect professional quality features from it. Some of its drawbacks are:
- Even though its rubberized grip and non slip built provides ease of operating, it is hard to operate it for long periods as weight is unevenly distributed with the front being heavier.
- This is one aspect that this product highly lacks compared to high end drills. It comes with a max 550 rpm which is slower compared to professional drills and users will find it hard to drill hard surfaces. Also it has only 3/8 inch chuck. Hence it is definitely not the best power drill.
This Genesis GCD18BK 18v Cordless Drill/Driver Kit Review lists the benefits and drawbacks of the product. As you can see, it is not recommended for professional use, but for small ad household purposes it is definitely the best. With an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5 in Amazon and over two hundred 5 star reviews, this is definitely the product to go for.